Sunday, December 19, 2010

Late night greenhouse setup

XMAS came early at my house as I now am the proud owner of a mini-greenhouse. It came in a box about 3'x3'x5" and when I opened it, the greenhouse just expanded to full size. It was pretty cool. You then install some tent poles but it only takes a second. I stuck it over some Lychee that I have growing in the yard that would freeze around 25F. The 100W lightbulb should raise the temp in there enough to keep it warm on the coldest nights here in Central Texas. I might upgrade to a 150W just in case. I will stick all my other sub-tropicals that are in pots in there this week.

This came from Lowes and is 6.5 feet tall and 5 feet wide. The cost was 84.00 bucks. That sir, is a bargain. The plastic material looks woven and appears to be very strong. It has a front and rear door, screen doors inside the main doors, a green floor if you want to use a floor, tent stakes for high winds and reinforcing tie downs for extreme winds. Remind you, this all came in a 3 foot box only 5 inches thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment