Thursday, December 30, 2010

New toy and volunteers

I have completely destroyed every gardening fork I have purchased in the last few years. Since we have clay soil, you have to pop the edges of holes after digging so it doesnt create a "clay pot" and stop all the roots from expanding further out. All the other forks have bent or snapped while planting out at the orchard. This one has been recommended to me by a "hippie" so you know it is good. We will be testing it this weekend when we dig 200 holes at the orchard.


VOLUNTEER PLANTS

I just love that description. It is almost like the seeds sat around and discussed which one would sprout and try to ink out a living in our backyard. We get lots of Loquat sprouts every year and I try to give them all away but last year we got a citrus sprout. It survived the 14F degree freeze last winter with some damage and it has started to grow again this year. I dont know if it is Lime, Orange or Lemon.

HURRY UP AND GROW FASTER!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment