Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What are you growing?

I prefer tree and bushes but I am experimenting with ground covers as well. These are just the plants that are permanently planted in the yard. I also have annuals and container plants. I included the cold tolerance of may of the plants to show we are not a tropical zone here. It will get down to the teens every year and these plants can survive in zone 8a-8b. If I didnt include the cold tolerance, it is usually going to be below zero. I will detail many of these fruits later on.

Jujubes: (cold hardy to -10F)


Pineapple Guava: (cold hardy to 10F)



Loquats: (cold hardy to 5F)




Oranges, Satsumas, Kumquats, Lemons (cold hardy from 14F - 20F)
Avocado (cold hardy to 14F Wilma and Opal)
Pineapple Quince
Peach
Capulin Cherry
Che
Asian Persimmon
Passion Fruit Maypop (hardy below zero degrees)
Serviceberry
Figs (Hardy below 10F)
Blueberries
Pomegranates (hardy to 10F)
Blackberries
Pecans

No comments:

Post a Comment